Wednesday, August 1, 2007

'Twas The Night Before China, & All Through The House.....

everyone is sleeping - except ME! It's 3:00am, and I am UP & WIDE AWAKE! My flight leaves at 9:30 in the morning. My husband and the the girls are taking me to the airport at 7:30am to catch this short little junkit to China. I packed for 17 days in one suitcase to check, a backpack and pilot for carry-on. Hmmm, I wonder if they make you unload your suitcase if it weighs 100 pounds instead of the 50 lbs required for domestic flights and the required 40 lbs in China? For the cost of this flight, I should be flying 1st class on my own private plane... Oh well, nite nite, gonna try to get some sleep before my early morning departure. I will post as soon as I make it to Beijing! Please pray for safe travel for Mary Audrey and me, as well as a comfortable transition for my family waitng for us here in Orlando. XXOO Belinda

5 comments:

Grammy Nay Nay said...

Day One
I can not stop thinking about you.
Enjoy that tiny bathroom by yourself.It won't be long before a little person will be there with you.
It seems you have really cut down on luggage. Last time you looked aas if you were ready for a month of mountain climbing.
Love ya, Grammy Nay Nay

Amy said...

I met your daughter in Nanjing and took a few pictures for you. She has a great personality! She is a very sweet child. I'm glad I can read your blog. Have a great trip!

Judy said...

Belinda - I tried to call you early this morning but I must have just missed you. I woke up and found myself so excited for both you and Anne Elizabeth. I was so excited that I felt like I was getting on the plane myself. I can't wait to see the pictures and meet Mary Audrey. I wish so much that I was traveling with you and Anne Elizabeth and experiencing this with you every step of the way.
Love, Judy

penny and kids said...

Woke up at about the same time you were writing. We are so excited that the active labor has begun! Bummer about the no epidural (any drugs) during the long trip to delivery. It sure would make the plane ride a little more comfortable :)

Our hugs and kisses to you and Meme (and the drown those girls with our love).

Penny & kids

Judy said...

Hey - hope you were able to get some sleep once you got to the hotel. We never got together about things to shop for in China. Here's a few things I thought about - a unique hand made bowl(pottery, wood, or glass), mud men (the little men fishing, playing cards, working, etc. if they have any "women" mud men that would be special, guardian dogs or red jade dragon sculpture,(small of course), cool Chineese shoes ...size 7 or 7 1/2) You know what I like.

Also....I'd love a little girl like Emily, Maddie, Charlotte, or Mary Audrey..

CAn't wait to hear back from you.