Friday, August 3, 2007

Tian An Men Square 2007

Today, our travel group left the hotel at 9am. We immediately went to Tian An Men Square where we stayed until lunch time. The tour was incredible except for the heat. It's just hard to concentrate when you are so very overheated. I contemplated not going on today's tour since Linda Dowdell and I did a "drive by" tour in 2005 - 2006. At that time it was soooo cold that we were unable to spend any quality time at these historic sites. Well, lemme tell ya, today, it was NOT cold. I have never been so hot in my life. But I did it. Woo Hoo. Hurray for mommy! I can only imagine the crowds that will fill this city for thee Beijing Olympics a year from now - August 8, 2008. Our CCAI Beijing guide, Lisa explains that the date stamped 08-08-08 is one that is considered to have a very positive inpact on China's people. A lucky, and prosperous sign I believe. Emily, Madeline & Charlotte, I miss you all terribly! I wanted to send you some photos from my tour of Bejing today. Since I promised that I would send you pictures of Peyton and Carson Hall, I thought it would be wonderful if I could have them pose with some local girls at Tian An Men Square. You know how much your mommy loves children from your birth country, and it was really cool to see them enjoy the rich history of China with us! Here are some photos taken of Peyton & Carson with girls their same age. It is really funny to see how much the Chinese people LOVE to have their pictures taken with Americans (especially people with blonde hair!) because they believe that it brings them good luck. So, when I spotted these precious Chinese children, I asked their parents for permission to take their photos. Why not? Possibly it would bring us good luck as well! Nah, We are already lucky enough, aren't we? YES INDEED. I also took a photo of this darling little girl with the "fancy-pants head dress", cuz I knew you girls would love it! Do you think she is a Chinese princess or just a plain ole girl that likes to play dress up, JUST LIKE Y'ALL? "Wave to the crazy American lady honey. She will eventually go away if you smile for her camera."

No comments: