Saturday, August 4, 2007

Here Is Where Are Flying Today - Nanjing City, Jiangsu Province

It's getting closer to Gotcha Day, a little over 24 hours until we meet Miss Mary Audrey in person. This morning we'll fly out of Beijing and fly into Nanjing a bit after noon. It's hard to believe we only have a 2 hour flight now and we will be in the same city as our precious Nanjing children.

Wow, I am getting excited and nervous all at the same time. Giving birth at my age to a 29 month old Chinese child is not as easy as it used to be. I am practicing my breathing exercises, but I am not fully prepared just yet. Yesterday, instead of touring with the group, I opted out so that I could prepare my body with the essentials for labor:

  • Manicure - check
  • Pedicure - check
  • Random Lunch From The Novotel Hotel's French Restaurant - Pesto Pasta & A Rather Full-Bodied Glass Of Australian Cabernet - check
  • Traditional 1-Hour Chinese Full Body Massage - check
  • Traditional 1-Hour Chinese Foot Massage - check

I know you must be worried about me traveling alone without my 3 darling daughters and my precious husband; but I am trying my level best to rough it alone. So be assured that I will finish preparing for the last stretch of my labor & delivery. All that is left on my list is:

  • Shopping for a stroller, more bribery toys and snacks
  • And finally, a hot bath - ALONE.

Yep that will do it. I feel like I am close to being ready to deal with my SPECIAL DELIVERY!

3 comments:

Orbra-Hubby-Dad said...

Wow !! I'm right there with you Belinda. I'll help with the breathing exercise, and at my age (63) I'll have to keep check on my breathing, as well, during the delivery.
I am so blessed to have six children and a wonderful wife.
I am pacing the halls waiting to get my first look at Mommy holding our newest addition of 4 adopted daughters. Can't wait!! Looking forward to gotcha day !!!:))
...Orbra

Judy said...

Me too....I'm right there with you too! I can't quit checking your blog. A natural birth can't be any more exciting that watching this and waiting for the first peek of you and Mary Audrey.

Love, Judy

Judy said...

Belinda - I can't imagine how you are feeling. I'm obsessing with checking your blog. If I have my time right you're just getting up in Nanjing and will be getting Mary Audrey later in the afternoon. That's means I'll be asleep unless I happen to get up in the middle of the night to check for new pictures. I'm so proud of you and what you're doing. These beautiful girls that you and Orbra have adopted will have such a wonderful life together. I can't imagine the wonderful directions that Emily, Maddie, Charlotte and now Mary Audrey will take as a reult of being adopted by two loving parents, like you and Orbra. You all will be so blessed!

Anxiously awaiting the first pictures.

Judy